Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cardboard Chaos

10 days until the move. Cannot happen soon enough. Dwelling in a cardboard jungle is boring and blah. I do not like having access to my things. Aesthetically, I am dying of ugly white wall syndrome.
Miss A. has managed to bounce back from the Malaysian Malaise and is now in Laos with Jessica, hopefully seeing some great things and chilling. She is a terrible giver of details so I really have no idea what she is up to at the moment. Her friend Jaime – thankfully – takes great photos so there were some nice shots of them at the cooking class and other things. Jessica lost the GoPro with all the photos from the trip and A's diving video. NO COMMENT. Seriously NO COMMENT. Fugg.
Cleaning my oven this week was the highlight – not gunna lie...with little effort (aside from bending over which can feel rather strenuous in my state of non-fitness) that grimy task is done...a few more to go...really want to try and have most of the cleaning done by move day so the final clean is not gunna be a nightmare. Probably just be me and Kim so the more done ahead of time the better. Looking fwd to moving into a place that is already clean...so seldom the case when moving into apartments. I particularly loves the crusted vomit dried onto the side of the bathroom drawer in the place I am in now. Yes that is right...crusty vomit. Sure glad the landlady spent sooooo many hours attempting to remove the adhesive from the write-off cupboards (which did not work) instead of bothering with the crusty vomit. I cannot wait to be out from under her regime of shittiness.
This missing airplane is so freaking bizarre. Read a great article today (Thanks Chris!) outlining the reason for Malaysia's mass incompetence on multiple levels...the corrupt gov't regime in place for 50 years is a nightmare of nepotism so all these ppl in high places do not do their jobs well when the shit hits the fan b/c they are not qualified to hold their positions, they just happen to be related to someone important. This explains a lot doesn't it?
As a westerner, while the story is intriguing and riveting, I cannot help but imagine what this limbo hell is like for the families of the plane passengers. With Miss A being in that neck of the woods it could have just as easily been her on a plane that went missing and I can only imagine the rage towards a disorganized country that is bumbling their way thought this mess. Maddening.
Nicki came over last night for some dinner and a catch up...her dog Ty was recently put down...did you know a dog can get cancer from a spider bite...? NO LIE. Unreal! And that carbohydrates are also cancer causing...!!! WTF. Anyhow...was a good evening...tonight I will try and get some loose ends done while I bake some chicken...my balcony requires a good scrub and I am not really looking fwd to that. I also need a little air born ninja midget to come over and clean the tops of my shelves and cupboards...any takers?
Still suffering the effects of Dexter being over...can't recommit to another show at the moment...too much to do anyhow.

No comments: