Thursday, April 03, 2014

Whew...

Well, thank gawd that is done. Even not moving my own stuff that was exhausting...still recovering and I think I am getting sick again ffs...anyway...

The movers were ridiculous. Pretty slow...it took up ALL the mover budget. Essentially the 3 man crew hired for a 3 man crew job was a 2 man crew b/c the 3rd guy was new (1st day), new to Canada (couldn't read the boxes to know what room they went in) and slower than a sloth on heroin. It was tough to watch. 7 hours later...it was done.

Naturally, I shared my opinion of this with the owner - stating clearly that training new staff should not be done at the expense of the client...training is having new staff shadow senior staff so they know what they are doing and what the expectations are - not dropping them off and calling the newb the 3rd man.

I got some 3 day later random text back from the owner saying I could have 15% off my next move. HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Uhhh no thanks. The sad part is Kim's move was great with this company, as was Erin's...I lost the lottery.

Some of my stuff was broken too...treasure kind of stuff, with no real monetary value, all sentimental...I just opted to let it go b/c it was eating away at my happiness. Put it in the fuck it bucket and chuck it.

The new pad is really large for an apartment...this den area for the computer etc is the cat's meow. 1st time my PC hasn't been in the living room!! The living room is so big I could have a dance party, for real. Got the curtain rod and curtains up in the LR yesterday, looks great...mostly all unpacked and now just trying to find spots for everything, making everything all fit right. Nice to have a spacious place for once.

The pool/hot tub etc is friggin great. Seriously. Made time a few times this week to go enjoy it and it was awesome...the pool esp is really big and a great temperature.

My fridge was hooped when I 1st got here and within 24 hours they replaced it. (UNHEARD OF!)...enjoying this place a lot....also that the insulation between suites is really good...can't hear TVs or people talking above or below me...I can hear walking once in a while but not much...I think a kid lives above me but it is hard to say...I am guessing at that b/c when I can hear it reminds me a kid tromping around but it is still 1000x better than my last place...amazing perk.

Aside from all that I am feeling pretty crappy...really over did it I think and have been paying the price all week...I actually fall asleep sitting up...and I sleep fairly well here despite a bit of street noise (quiets nicely in the evenings though)...getting screens for the patio door and 3 windows next week sometime...looking fwd to that so I can open the place up without the cat making a run for it.

Cat was pretty freaked out on move day....shes settled now though and is back to being a total a-hole like usual. It is driving her NUTS that she cannot get into the closets here...MUAHAHAHAHA~ she is pissed... she also spends her life trying to get into A's room but I am keeping it off limits so ppl with allergies staying here have less cat dander to deal with in there...she hears that door handle and comes flying out from wherever she is to try and weasel in that room. So funny.

I am in love with my new curtains....that sounds weird I know but it is true...I couldn't find matching dark ones so I got these patterned ones that I thought would match the dark ones and it worked quite well...I should probably offer up photos but I am not that organized or done enough yet...!

The bldg I look at from my balcony is full of weirdos. That should make for great stories as time goes on.


2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Your new place sounds amazing. Shitty about the collateral damage from the newbie movers, but your place sounds so worth it.

Adele said...

You've worked hard for this!!! You sooo deserve it!!! Congrats Sista!!!!